Solar Power Brisbane
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Solar Power Brisbane - an independent , solar power information resource for Brisbane. Find the latest Brisbane solar power and renewable energy news and updates. We can assist you to quickly obtain three free solar power quotations for your home from reputable Clean Energy Council accredited Brisbane solar installation companies via the form at the bottom of this page or via the Solar Quotes Brisbane page.
Solar power systems and particularly grid connect solar energy systems are booming in Brisbane and Queensland due to :
- An attractive solar feed in tariff of 44 cents /KWh.
- Federal Government Rebate to offset a proportion of the initial solar power system installation.
- Imminent electricity price increases with the introduction of the carbon tax in 2012.
Solar Power Brisbane-Fast Facts and News
- The Queensland government announced in May that from June 7 2011 that the criteria for the 44c/kWh solar power feed-in tariff changed .The qualification for the rebate are now:
a. The size of the solar power systems is now maximum 5KW
b. A limit of one scheme application per premises was applied.
- The Queensland solar power feed-in tariff closing date is 1 July 2028 .This means you will receive the feed in tariff for 16 years , which should be plenty of time to recoup the cost of your solar power system.
- Solar Panels produce optimum power when facing due North . NNW or NNE are fine . East or West facing panels are the last resort, though the solar panel output will be up to 15 percent less. South in unacceptable.
- The tilt or angle of your solar panels ideally should be around 30 degrees . In reality anywhere from 20 to 40 degrees is acceptable. For flat roofs you will need a frame to tilt the solar panels to the optimum angle.
- Pay back period of your grid connect solar electricity system. Disclaimer- there are many variables , what follows is an estimate only! Take the example that you have a small 1.5KW solar power system installed in your Brisbane home and are out of your house working most of the day when your solar panels are producing maximum solar electricity. Working off a reasonable 4.2 hours per day that your solar panels produce maximum power ,and using the current 44 cents /KWH Brisbane solar feed in tariff that the Queensland Government will pay until the year 2028 ,your system would produce 1.5 (The size of your solar power system in KW) x 4.2 (hours per day on average your system produces power) =6.3KWH of solar electricity per day in your Brisbane Solar Power system . So it would return 6.3 x 44 cents per day =$2.72 per day or (x 365) $1012 per year.
- From the above example ,given that the feed in tariff will be paid until 2028, (or so the politicians say- remember they can change their mind as they did in N.S.W re the N.S.W solar rebate scheme!), you can see your contribution to the cost of the solar installation can be paid back quite quickly. In reality , you do not export all of the solar electricity produced by your solar power system to the electricity grid , because your home is constantly consuming some of the power but the 44 cent feed in tariff makes solar power in Brisbane very attractive currently.
- Which solar power system installers to use? Only use CEC (Clean Energy Council) solar installers . The Federal Government rebate , covering part of the initial solar power system installation costs is only payable if you do so. Complete the form below and 3 C.E.C. accredited Brisbane solar installation companies will contact you with 24 hours.
Complete the Solar Quote form below and have 3 C.E.C. Accredited Brisbane Solar Installation Companies Contact You To Arrange a Solar Power Quotation For Your Home. They Will Contact You Typically Within In A Few Hours
Solar Power Brisbane : Complete the solar quotes Brisbane form to receive 3 solar system quotations from Brisbane Solar Power Installers. The solar installers are Clean Energy Council Accredited. Brisbane solar installers will contact you generally within a few hours of you submitting this quote form.
Solar Power Brisbane – Pricing Considerations:
Some of the larger , high profile solar installation companies do not necessarily mean a better quality installation or price. One of highest profile solar installers in Brisbane can quote 70% higher prices for the same solar components (solar panels, inverter , mounting hardware) than smaller companies. Our suggestions for selecting a Brisbane solar power system installer include:
- Ask if they can supply contact details for some of their clients
- Choose a solar installer who uses quality components with a long standing Australian distributor.This way you may have more comeback if the solar company goes out of business.Remember , solar panels are warranted for up to 25 years (to produce 80% of the rated power). So warranty claims need to be enforceable long term.
- Do they have their own in house solar installers? (as opposed to contractors)
- Do they include the cost of the solar meter in their quotation?
- Do they do an on site scoping (inspection to determine correct placement of solar panels on your roof for maximum performance and compliance) of your roof prior to quotation. Do not go with a company who quotes over the phone.Shading issues from trees onto your prospective solar panel location cannot be determined by scoping using google maps (many companies use a google maps image to work out the location of solar panels on your roof).
- Is an extended inverter warranty available?
- Who pays for any damage incurred during solar panel installation (eg cracked tiles etc)? Better to know before the solar installation.
Solar Power Brisbane- Suntech Solar Panel Review
The following video shows an in depth view of how Suntech solar panels are manufactured. Suntech technology was developed originally at the University of New South Wales . The manufacturing facility is in Wuxi, China . Suntech solar panels are used by many Brisbane solar power companies and Brisbane solar installers and have a good reputation in the industry . Many lower cost solar panel manufacturers are basically component assemblers – ie they purchase the solar cells , glass , frames etc from thrid parties and simply assemble the solar panels . This may result in less dependable quality. Suntech are a leader in in house fabrication.
Thank you for visiting Solar power brisbane